Mandeep advises on all aspects of family law, including financial relief, divorce proceedings, and children matters. She takes a pragmatic approach to each case and tries her utmost to achieve a fair and workable outcome for each of her clients.
Mandeep has worked on a variety of cases varying from very high-value and high profile cases involving complex issues, to limited asset divorce cases that have required a sensible and swift resolve. She is experienced in all aspects of marital breakdown as well as cases involving nuptial agreements.
Mandeep also acts for parents in Children Act 1989 proceedings; including Schedule 1 applications and child arrangements orders (comprising contact and residence orders); prohibited steps orders; and specific issue orders, including those which feature non-compliance and enforcement, involving permission to remove children from England and Wales, and when financial provision applications for unmarried parents are sought.
With a background in Litigation, she is particularly well-placed to assist clients through acrimonious disputes, however always tries to reach an amicable resolution if at all possible, especially in cases involving children so that parents can work towards co-parenting well together even after separation.
Mandeep was admitted as a solicitor in 2010 having studied LLB Law at City, University of London and completing the LPC at the College of Law, London.
Mandeep has worked in Surrey and London throughout her career and joined Guillaumes having previously worked at a Legal 500 firm in London, a multi-practice firm in Surrey and had some experience in international Family Law, working with a Family Law Practice in Vancouver, Canada.
In her spare time, she has also helped a number of low-income clients on a Pro Bono basis, who otherwise would have struggled to pay for legal advice/representation. In addition, she has volunteered to be a Mentor to children and young adults in disadvantaged communities to raise aspirations and help them grow in character and their achievements.
Mandeep speaks fluent Punjabi and also Hindi to a lower intermediate level.
Examples of some of Mandeep’s experience include:
- Resolving financial matters in divorce by way of round-table meeting, advising client and negotiating with opponent solicitor, to achieve a successful outcome; reaching an agreement, saving costs and acrimony. Financial Remedy Order then drawn up by consent and approved by court.
- Assisting in a very high profile Schedule 1 Children Act 1989 claim for financial provision for a child (unmarried parents) at the High Court sitting at the Royal Courts of Justice.
- Negotiating and drafting Nuptial Agreements (both in contemplation of marriage and post marriage)
- Injunction proceedings for non molestation and occupation orders requiring one party to leave the family home.
- Successfully defending a case involving pre-marital assets and ‘family money’.