The breakdown of a relationship can be difficult and traumatic; even more so with children involved. At Guillaumes LLP we recognise this and want to make the process of divorce as smooth as possible for you without any unnecessary costs or stress. Our experienced divorce lawyers are here for you if you require our services, handling cases in a careful and sensitive manner.
When you feel you have run out of options, our experienced team will work tirelessly to ensure all client cases are dealt with sensitively and subjectively. There is no version of normal and every case is different, so we want to get to know you and your needs to achieve the best possible outcome. We can discuss your options clearly and fully, to help you make the right choice.
Understanding Divorce Proceedings
Divorce can be a stressful process for those looking to dissolve a marriage, as well as other people involved such as children and family relatives. Divorce is an important life decision and the process will also involve making further important decisions which influence the course and quality of your lifestyle.
Whether you or your partner have initiated or intend to initiate a divorce, our team of experienced divorce solicitors in Surrey are able to offer expert legal advice. We aim to make the process as straight forward as possible, relieving as much stress and worry as we can.
We tailor our approach to each divorce case individually in order to ensure we fully understand your situation to enable us to offer the best advice and course of action. Our focus is to reach the best possible outcome with you and/or your children’s best interests in mind.
Hiring a Divorce Lawyer
Divorce can involve a number of elements which need addressing, from financial remedy, children and living arrangements, division of assets and trusts and pensions.
- Financial remedies: One of the most complex aspects of divorce is agreeing finances and dividing assets. We understand the financial status and independence of two parties can be entirely different, which is why we tailor our approach to each case to ensure your specific financial needs are met during and after the divorce process.
- Children & Living Arrangements: Matters relating to children during divorce can be the most emotional and traumatising aspect of divorce. Our family law solicitors will work closely with you to relieve unnecessary worry and stress involved with the well being of your child(ren). We provide expert legal advice concerning the amount of time your children spend with parents or certain relatives, suspicions or cases of abduction, and if one party would like to take the children to another part of the country or move abroad. (link back to divorce & Family law page)
- Division of Assets: Assets differ from case-to-case and can involve business, personal and/or joint assets. We will work with accountants and business advisors if necessary to come to a fair and agreed arrangement. In some cases, personal assets might not be protected during divorce despite legal ownership. However, we provide expert legal advice to ensure you understand your rights, how assets can be fairly divided and help to uncover hidden assets.
- Trusts & Pensions: We provide legal advice when it comes to the division of trusts and pensions. These are valuable assets to have and you will want them to be correctly and fairly divided so you are in a financially comfortable position when you retire. Our experienced divorce lawyers will help to ensure the best possible outcome is achieved. (link to trusts and pensions services)
At the ending of a marriage we offer guidance on:
• Child arrangements, support and visitation
• Asset division
• Property disputes and property litigation
• Court proceedings
• Other issues like domestic violence
Disputes and other matters can add to the anxiety, which can impact upon both parties and their surrounding families. It is imperative that your family, including children, are taken care of and we are here to take the stress off your shoulders.
Why Choose Guillaumes LLP?
If you are worried about highly toxic and damaging conflict, we will try our hardest to provide the most amicable solution. We know you would like to move on with your life, so moving on the process, with or without court, is our way of aiding you at this difficult time. This is why we offer mediation for families who wish to act wholly outside the court system, which we recommend in situations where this is possible.
If you think we can help you, contact us to kickstart the proceedings and get the advice you need.