Peter qualified as a solicitor in 2017 and is an associate in our property litigation department and part of the team for landlord lawyers and tenant lawyers. He has experience in advising as to the eviction process under the Housing Act 1988, property management for landlords and managing agents, leasehold extensions and carrying out contentious work in the County Court, High Court and Lands Tribunal. He also has previously worked for a boutique commercial practice in Kensington where he developed a wider disputes background and knowledge.
Peter puts forward great emphasis in his client care skills in assisting individual and commercially minded clients alike as to the law governing their situations, providing practical advice on procedure and assisting with managing matters towards a resolution.
Some of Peter’s recent work has involved:
- Contesting a claim for judicial review in the reported case of R (On the Application Of Holloway) v Bhui & Ors  EWHC 1731 (Admin) pursuant to an order under section 19.1 of the Prosecution of Offences Act 1985 of a Deputy Circuit Judge at Harrow Crown Court for wasted costs of a private prosecution;
- Acting for the Landlord and Managing Agent in a claim for historic service charges and ground rent arrears for a block of flats in the greater Manchester area;
- Successfully acting for a Defendant in an application for summary judgment and strike-out application following a Claimant’s case being found to be an abuse of process;
- Representing a leaseholder in a claim for a stay of execution of a warrant of possession to allow for further time to raise anticipated bridging-finance to remortgage a property;
- Advising managing agents as to claims in forfeiture following breaches of lease and resulting strategy where there have been instances of waiver of breaches;
- Appearing at the County Court on behalf of a tenant in a claim for housing disrepair and failure to protect a deposit in a regulated scheme under an assured shorthold tenancy; and
- Assisting a commercial leaseholder as to the process of negotiating and pursuing a security of tenure claim for a new lease.