Alex joined Guillaumes as an assistant solicitor in 2011 and is now a partner and heads the civil litigation department. He specialises in all aspects of property litigation acting for as a solicitor for landlords and tenants solicitor.
In addition to property litigation, Alex deals with a wide range of other civil litigation matters for private clients and businesses whether local, national or international. He has experience of litigation in the High Court, County Court and Property Tribunals.
Admission date - 01.04.2011
Recent experience has seen Alex:
- Acting for the Claimant in a complex director dispute in the High Court which included threats of urgent injunctive relief and issues concerning the admissibility of evidence. Claim settled at mediation;
- Successfully defend a claim concerning an alleged fraudulent property transaction undertaken a significant number of years ago;
- Acting for the Respondent service company in an appeal to the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) concerning estoppel by convention;
- Acting for the Claimant in respect of a claim to a beneficial interest in a property – including applying for, and obtaining, an urgent domestic freezing injunction;
- Acting for the Defendant in Director Disqualification proceedings and securing a significantly reduced period of disqualification;
- Successfully acting for a Respondent landlord in a multi-day First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) dispute concerning the validity of a s.20 consultation and the reasonableness/payability of contributions towards major works and service charges;
- Acting for various landlords in the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) in disputes concerning breaches of covenant of varying nature;
- Advising in respect of claims arising under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and matters relating to the validity of wills. See our inheritance solicitors page for more.